Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What am I getting myself into.....

I am starting to realize that this trip is only two days away.  

Have I packed?  No.  

Have I thought about packing?  No.

Have I called everyone who is coming   You bet....

Its quite a group.  Everyone sound very gung-ho and very smart.  The ages range from 45 to 83.  Not surprisingly, the majority of travelers are  Wellesley alums as well as a smattering of Smithies and one from Bennington.  I have already told the non-Wellesleyites, that they can become honorary alumnae.  

There are four retired professors  -- three from Skidmore and one from MIT.  I think I am going to have to wrap up any chick-lit novels in plain brown paper and deny my addiction to The Biggest Loser.  I will write more about them in the event they give me permission.

Our agenda is great.  We take off on Friday and meet everyone in Frankfurt on Saturday.  From there, we fly to Prague and get on the boat, the MV Katharina Von Boren which has 41 guest cabins, each of which looks out on the water.  The boat is named after Martin Luther's wife.

DAYPORTARRIVALDEPARTUREOPTIONAL TOUR INFORMATION
SaturdayPrague  Embarkation - begins 3:00pm
SundayPrague 8:00amM Old Town City Walk
 Mirejowice12:30am1:00pm 
 Leitmeritz9:00pm  
MondayLeitmeritz 5:30am 
 Bad Schandau1:00pm3:30pmA Fortress Konigstein
 Dresden7:00pm  
TuesdayDresden  M City Walk
    A Mortizburg Hunting Lodge
WednesdayDresden 12 NoonA Zwinger Palace and the Gallery of Old Masters
 Meissen2:00pm A City tour and Porcelain Manufacture
ThursdayMeissen 3:00am 
 Wittenberg1:00pm6:30pmA Footsteps of Martin Luther City Walk
FridayMagdeburg2:45am11:00amM City Tour
SaturdayBerlin (Potsdam)2:30am 
Disembarkation - until 10:00am



I could get used to this.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog